High Quality and Certified.The firing cotton is used in the complete lid assembly. Attached to the firing wire.The firing cotton is used as a fuse to ignite a sample charge in an oxygen bomb calorimeter.
A sample is burned in a pressurized oxygen atmosphere to measure it thermal energy, which is released by the burning process. The actual sample ignition process works as follows: The calorimeter waits until the firing conditions are met. Then it sends a very large current through the electrodes inside the ‘bomb’ or vessel..
The current heats up the firing wire
(for details see: FIRING WIRE). The bomb is pressurized with oxygen and the firing cotton,
which is tied to the wire,burst in to flames, falls in to the crucible and ignites the sample material.
Completely customizable, it allows filters to be changed to adjust the bandwidth for
The supplied cotton is of a consistent length and energy and the calorific value of the cotton can be compensated for in the WIRE AND COTTON COMPENSATION.
The cotton must be tied to the wire in a fashion that both ends hang in to the crucible.
This can best be achieved by putting both ends together and creating a loop. Then put the loop close to the wire,
and pull the ends through the loop with a tweezers.
• Operating Temperature0-60 Degrees C
• Temperature Resolution0.000001 Degrees C
• Repeatability0.1% RSD
• Resolution0.001 (MJ/Kg)
• Results per hour6 samples per vessel using the CAL2k-2 Cooler
• Power90 – 260 VAC.
• Intelligent operation support
• Very fast operation due to improved software
• Easy to maintain, self test for technicians and operators
• Compact size
• Operation can be configured to suit every laboratory.
• Rapid and accurate determinations
• Capable of doing 10 CV samples per hour using a CAL2k-2 Cooler and 2 vessels
• Isothermal design using a waterless patented vessel (no bucket, spillage or measuring)
• Large memory for storing +1000 determinations
• Manual or automatic mass entry through keyboard or balance interface
• Easy to read LCD display in one standard (English) language and one alternative language
• Fully automatic calibration in BTU, CAL, MJ/Kg
• Uses the CAL2k-4 intelligent vessel with fault diagnostics and microprocessors
• Interfaces to standard PS2 computer keyboard
• Acoustical warning for operator convenience
• Extra 8 digig group identification can be used as a sample id
• Print results directly without PC on standard 80 column serial printer with RS232 port
• Alternative language switch at rear of unit
• Real-time clock with one week back up
• Precise and reproducible determination of gross calorific values according to ISO 1928, DIN 51900 and BS1016:105
Software Features: • User controlled access for setting vital parameters once
• Automatic result retrieval for selected and formatted data
• Filing printing and other operator functions, including data export to common formats
• Real time graphical vessel temperature display
• Grouped sample determinations and analysis
• Alternative language management
• English Windows Operating software version only • Real time clock setting • Vessel data viewing • High speed communication for fast data retrieval